29 grams white beeswax
35 grams coconut oil
35 grams avocado oil
18 grams mango butter
20 drops of flavouring (must be our lip balm range, do not use candle fragrances)
1 teaspoon sweetener (castor sugar or Stevia) optional
24 lip balm tubes plus caps, you can also use larger pots or acrylic jars
1. In a double boiler (a Pyrex jug in a pot of gently boiling water on the stove) melt your beeswax and mango butter. Use a low heat and melt very gradually.
2. Weigh out your coconut oil and avocado oil and add those oils to your melted beeswax/mango butter mixture, and allow to melt thoroughly. Do not overheat your oils/butters or you risk ruining them.
3. On a clean board crush the stevia or castor sugar sweetener with the back of a teaspoon and add to your mix. NB: Stevia does not dissolve in oil so you may like to use a fine drawstring bag and immerse in the oils.
4. Remove from heat and then add your flavouring and stir for two minutes until all ingredients are fully mixed and dissolved.
5. Carefully pour your mixture into lip balm pots and let them set.
6. That’s it! Check your finished results and make any notes or tweaks to this recipe and save them for next time. Enjoy these luscious lip balms.
Give it a try, we would love to hear your comments!
Buy a Lip Balm Kit Today
This kit makes 12 luscious lip balm tubes that will leave your lips feeling skin nourished and rehydrated. The kit includes everything you need and comes with a full set of easy-to-follow instructions.